Monday, February 6, 2012

Stranger's Still a Giant!

Happy Mondrizzles Lil Strangers!

MY GIANTS WON LAST NIGHT THAT'S RIGHT I AM A COMPLETE FAIR-WEATHER FAN AND DON'T REALLY UNDERSTAND FOOTBALL BUT BY GOD, IT WAS GREAT! So I guess part of me is still tied to old NYC.

But anyway, I totally went to a hip Superbowl party in deep, deep Silverlake at my friend Audrey's house. Audrey is an extremely sweet lady who teaches Pilates (so she obviously has a hideous figure) and has a giant backyard with a pizza oven (so obviously no one wants to go over there ever). She put her TV outside and we all gathered around to watch Eli Manning make those precious, silly faces he likes to make. And strangers, I COOKED. Noelia and I made Buffalo Chicken Dip, which is like, THE BEST THING EVER. It's basically cream cheese and cheese and Frank's Red Hot sauce and cheese and chicken and CHEESE IN YOUR MOUTH. You can make it too (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/buffalo-chicken-dip/detail.aspx).  Everyone loved it and ate so much of it. Okay, I ate half the bowl. Here is the party:


You can't tell how gorgeous it was because my iPhone is still in the mail and my view is obstructed by my friend Martin's GIANT HEAD.

What's funny about watching the game with hip people (I will NOT call my actual, real friends "hipsters") is that they judge all those big commercials VERY harshly (a lot of people were upset by that "naked M&M" commercial...I pretended to totally agree that it sucked and then laughed hysterically on the inside) and then Madonna's performance became a very big deal (I was sitting with a bunch of musician's for Pete's sake).  We decided (and I agreed) that Madge's new song is utter doodie and I am furious I still have that chant "L.U.V., Madonna!" (disgusting) stuck in my head. I was sort of into the drum line "Open Your Heart," but that song gets me every time and "Like a Prayer," with a choir and Cee-lo in that fabulous cape I wish to purchase is just an undeniable JAM. Also, Nicky Minaj and MIA added nothing, but I LOVE that new MIA song "Bad Girls" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uYs0gJD-LE&ob=av3e). Then my boys won, we hung out for a while eating more pizza and dip, got a little tipsy, and called it a night. Solid Bowl this year, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment