Friday, February 24, 2012

Hot New Track!

Ha, that post title is so funny to me. I just wanted to type "hot new track" so badly, so I did it. However, I am into the new single from M.Ward, "Primitive Girl." It's good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KADgwgjCWiI

Right? I really do NOT care for the doody-tweeness of She and Him and a lot of M. Ward songs carry that overly-cutesy, bullshit stench with them, but this one seems fresh, maybe with a faint Ben Folds/silly-piano odor. See how far I took that smell metaphor?

I myself am NOT a primitive girl. Without makeup, I sort of look like one of those dancing claymation raisins that sung "I Heard it Through the Grapevine" in those commercials back in the day. Don't know what I'm talking about? Yeah, I'm old. Anyway, I'm just gonna play this song on repeat and picture Keri Russell in a field or something. And by Keri Russell I mean Scott Speedman.

No comments:

Post a Comment