Thursday, February 2, 2012

Oh, HI Sharon

So my music guru slash friend-in-general Noey just got me hooked on this lady-woman singer Sharon Van Etten. Okay, so I 've mentioned before, I am not the HIPPEST kid on the Silverlake-ian block and haven't been like, "soooo totally obsessed with her since her 2009 EP," but SO WHAT, DUDE? I like her NOW. Live in the moment! Lay off me!

Anyway, I'm completely crushing on this sad little elf, especially when she says things like, "To say the things I want to say to you would be a crime, to admit I'm still in love with you, after all this time, I'd rather let you touch my arm until you die, seduce me with your charms until I'm drunk on them go home and drink in bed and never let myself be loved like that again." UM, I AM SORRY SHARON, WHEN DID YOU BREAK INTO MY SKULL AND RIP OUT MY INNER-MOST THOUGHTS?! Okay, let's be honest, when did you overhear me bitching to my ladies at the Crow? Anyway, here are a couple of jams so you can love her too.

1) "One Day" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=7m3Ly2A9mbo&NR=1) This song kind of reminds me of Empire Records. Like the essence of the movie. I don't know.

2) "A Crime" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UHoXqlUqLk) This is the one with those incredibly painful lyrics. You strangers might judge me for saying this...but this song reminds me of Brandi Carlisle circa her "Throw it All Away" days when I was admittedly real into her music. She's good! I am not ashamed.

3) "Serpents" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYgyQ20TJAs) This song is very hot in a sort of 90's, Susanna Hoffs kind of way. Do you know who Susanna Hoffs is? Sigh, I'm OLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment