Thursday, February 23, 2012

2 Bands 2Day

Lil Strangers, I got Spotify. I don't know how to work it except that I can look up any music I want and listen to it and everyone I am friends with on Facebook can tell when I am listening to Lady Antebellum. Anyway, I listened to the new Sleigh Bells album, Reign of Terror and it is GREAT. Like, I saw them live so I know they put on a good show (just so LOUD and aggressive and dance-y), but aside from "Rill Rill," I wasn't thrilled with their last album. This one KILLS ME, it is so badass. I especially rec "Born to Lose," "End of the Line," "Leader of the Pack," "Road to Hell" and "You Lost Me." Okay, that is half the album, but it is enthralling and I love it.

I ALSO am loving Lower Dens. The new single "Brains" is very good, but I am discovering the 2010 album Twin-Hand Movement for the first time, and I am getting kind of crazy about it. "Blue and Silver" and "I Get Nervous" are lovely, and while I cannot make out the lyrics, "A Dog's Dick" seems like a really romantic love song. Seriously. Listen to it!

In short...Spotify, iPhone, it's the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment