Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloweekend

So Halloween lasted four days this year.

Friday, my delightful and handsome Venice friends Jon, TJ (they're brothers, it's hot), and Charles had a Halloween/Bday Party and it was great. Jon and TJ were also saying adios to old Venice as they are moving to my neck of the woods (YAY). I did a very hipster-friendly joint costume with Anna and we are SO HIP, no one has any pictures of us together. All I got is this:


Noelia is the hot nurse in the middle. Hot not only because she's a pretty lady, but because she painted flames and soot all over her dress. Deanna on the right is zombie-Blanche from Golden Girls and that is an INCREDIBLE costume (the wig is actually an Edward Cullen from Twilight wig). Although I HATE me in this picture as you can see, I am Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Obviously Belle, obviously. However, Anna dressed as Sebastian from The Little Mermaid and together we were Belle and Sebastian, like the very hip folksy band, but NOT. You have to trust me when I say Anna looked incredible. The girl really committed. She wore this full Sebastian the crab hat that she order online, all red, and oven mitts in the shape of lobster claws, which she refused to take off and so was hilarious when attempting to hold or open anything.

Saturday night I BABYSAT, which is the scariest way to spend Halloween, let me tell you. Luckily, the children were DELIGHTFUL. But I was very afraid.

Sunday night they do a soul-thing at this bar called Short Stop in Echo Park (http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-short-stop-los-angeles, yes it looks like the unmarked doorway to Satan's lair), but my friends and I just drank Bohemias and talked about horror movies. It felt really nice. Last night I hung with Anna and then some women and I had some mulled cider with whiskey in it and watched Dancing With the Stars which was HORRIFYING and wonderful.

And that's what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment