Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's a Toozy!

Guys, I don't know. I thought Daylight Savings Time (do you capitalize that shit? Did I really graduate from a university?) was supposed to make you MORE AWAKE in the Fall...this is a lie. So I am listening to some wild songs to pump me up. Behold:

1) "Hang With Me" by Robyn (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3a2qoyONVA&ob=av2e). I think you guys know by now that I love this woman. The acoustic version of this song is good too in a different way, but this tour video is really fun and I think this Jem and the Holograms-like bass really adds something.

2) "We Found Love" by Rihanna (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg00YEETFzg&ob=av2e). Wait, did I already do this song? OMFG EARLY ONSET ALZHEIMER'S. But seriously, I think this video is beautiful. It's kind of new Fincher meets the Drive dude meets A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints. Also, this song is so 80's and I love it. Like it could be in Flashdance. Okay, I will stop with the movie recs.But this video is hot.

3) "Turn The Beat Around" by Gloria Estefan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvGTQ0jH7KM). I think everyone has a story about how they have mangled the words to this song...especially the part where she says "love to hear percussion." I used to think it was "love to feel the pressure," and I thought Gloria was a wacko, because who LOVES pressure?! Come on. This song also makes me think of my friend Leslie, who thought the lyrics to Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive" were "I'm a cowboy. I'm a stay-at-home guy!" I can embarrass Leslie like this because she's basically a perfect human lady.

Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment