Thursday, November 10, 2011

M83!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so I went to M83 last night and they knocked my socks off. No, that is an understatement. They knocked all my clothes and accessories off and took the money out of my purse. Like, at one point I had to grip Noey because tears were coming down my face. Oh, this was at the Music Box Theatre, which is a really, really wonderful venue (http://www.musicboxtheatre.com/). And the sound was just like, OH MAN (I know, I am really eloquent today). Here is a picture:

Yeah, I know, you can't really see anything and there was also an incredibly tall gentleman standing directly in front of me and eventually I had to move over. But I was THERE. Anyway, the sound was just so consuming and good, the crowd got into it and actually danced, and that chick in the band really brought it with her angelic voice and sassy outfit (I wish I could wear a dress/tank-top where my cute lace bra showed completely without looking like a madame in an old-timey saloon but alas, I cannot). The drummer also BROUGHT it. Like, they used a drum machine because they needed to be REALLY LOUD, but there was also this guy just SMASHING his drum kit, but in this really sharp and precise way (man, I love drummers so much).

They played some old hits like "Kim and Jessie" and of course rocked new stuff like "Midnight City" (that one really got everyone pumped up). M83 is already pretty successful, but they're about to be ENORMOUS so go see them now.

Oh also, we got a drink at Public House in Los Feliz before the show (http://www.yelp.com/biz/1739-public-house-los-angeles-2). It's kind of the only place in that neighborhood where you can go and watch sports. It's not the SWANKIEST, but they have an incredible beer selection, trivia nights (although it wasn't so enjoyable to have a trivia night going on around us while we were trying to converse), and some handsome dudes...because you can watch sports there.

PS This is random, but in an earlier post I said I was really meh on Tom Petty...and then posted "Yer So Bad." This morning, this song came on the radio: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0JvF9vpqx8&ob=av3e. Jesus Christ, this is a cool song. Also, I had completely forgotten this weirdo-Alice in Wonderland video. Anyway, I am sorry Mr. Petty; you're not that relevant anymore, but you had some jams.

No comments:

Post a Comment