Friday, November 11, 2011

TGIFinally

Remember TGIF on TV? So good. Anyway, I am still not over M83, but here are some Friday songs.

1) "Jump Into The Fire" by Harry Nilsson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QghwNqlCRE) This song makes me think of my friend Emily and my friend Jon, separately. Emily introduced me to this song, blasting it in her car when we were both annoyed about something (boys) and totally changed my mood. Jon just loves this song and I often think of him as a visitor from another time period...definitely the late 70's or early 80's. I mean this as a compliment: Jon is sweet and creative and looks amazing in tank tops and tight pants.

2) "Angel In The Snow" by Elliott Smith (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_Q_fYuMZdA) So yeah, I can't really listen to Elliott Smith without bursting into tears or thinking about a really dark phase I went through Sophomore year of college (this pre-dates my Ryan Adams dark phase), but I adore this song. I was SO PISSED when Jason Reitman used it in his piece of doody movie Up in the Air. No, don't argue with me, that was not a good movie. Smith was so good at vocalizing emotions that are so incredibly internal and this song is such a fantastic depiction of what loves feels like. At least it is for me. Whatever, shut up leave me alone!

3) "We Own The Sky" by M83 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzge5vY72hE) WHAT I am not over them! Oldie but goodie. I wanted to do "Reunion," but it wasn't on youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment