Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What is this?

So, I really really love Bon Iver. I cry everytime I hear "Skinny Love" (although as you know, I cry at everything and this song was clearly NOT written for me... I would be more like, "Cuddly Love") and probably the best concert of my life was when I saw Justin Vernon and the boys perform at SUNRISE at the Hollywood Cemetery (if you do not know where that is, you do not read my blog enough). I am also a huge fan of Bon Iver's new album, even though I can't listen to it in the car in its entirety because it makes me want to drive off a bridge just a little bit (try putting "Perth" or "Holocene" on a mix for just the right dose of yearning and pain). Anyway, Justin just released the video for "Calgary," which is a great song, but I am pretty sure this video was originally intended to accompany something Sarah MacLaughlin sang. Seriously, watch it:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/06/bon_iver_calgary_video.html

I am also pretty sure that Raina from America's Next Top Model (I saw the comment on the post, but also, yes, I watch that show...Tyra is SO HILARIOUS on it). Anyway, forgive me for ruining this pretty song with this truly STUPID imagery, but at the end of the day, it's all Justin's fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment