Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Day I Became a Wizard...Almost

Okay, so, my parents are going to HATE this post. I know this because I had to WARN my mother that I was going to this party beforehand, knowing I was going to blog about it and she told me not to go. She also told me I was only allowed to drink one beer. She's precious. I don't know if you guys know what a wizard staff party is, but this past Saturday I went to my first one and it was an EXPERIENCE, let me tell you.

I have this friend who never wants me to mention her name on this blog for some DUMB reason, so I will just call her Kat Scardino (which is like, basically her name). Kat lives in a GORGEOUS house in Silverlake, sort of towards Echo Park (this might be incorrect; I have no sense of direction) and throws AMAZING theme parties (her 80's villain party was a night to remember. Kat wore a red leather dress. I was dressed as Mama Fratelli from The Goonies, so it goes without saying that she looked stupid and I looked incredibly hot).

So at a wizard staff party, you come with like an 18 pack of standard sized cans of beer. You crack open your first beer, enjoy it, and when it's done, you duct tape it to the bottom of your second beer. You become a wizard when your "staff" is as tall as you are. So you can imagine that a party like this everyone is very sober and buttoned up. I walked to this party (see Mom! I am so responsible) with Emily, Kalen and Kyle. 3 hours later, Kalen took this picture of Emily and me:


Don't worry, this photo is staged. Kind of. Needless to say, I did not become a full wizard. But I did have a great deal of fun. Also, Kat got a Philly cheesesteak food truck to pull up behind her house and cater the event. This cheesesteak was literally one of the best things I've ever had in my life. Get the classic cheesesteak "wit" with "wiz." This is the truck's website:

http://southphillyexperience.com/

Anyway, although you will never be invited to Kat's house and I may not be invited back after this post, I wanted to tell you that people in Silverlake are cool and have cool parties like this all the time and I just wanted to make you jealous of me and the amazing headache I have right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment