Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back in Silverlake...

Don't worry guys (Mom), I hung out in Silverlake all weekend. Friday night I went to Cowboys and Turbans with Emily (http://www.cowboysandturbans.com/), which is the weirdest restaurant name but actually makes a lot of sense when you know what is on the menu. Like, Em and I ordered a mango masala pizza (the pizzas are served on freshly made naan bread), fries that come with masala sauce (Emily was convinced they brought the fries over from McDonald's...in a good way), and spinach samosas. We did not get any of the Indian burritos, but those are available as well. So basically, this place serves Indian food in an American Southwestern style. I do not know who came up with this idea, but it works. We also sat out on the back patio of the restaurant under twinkly lights with rose that we brought because Cowboys and Turbans is BYOB (which is honestly a GREAT thing; this place is so reasonable and we spent like NO money). I don't think I need to say this, but I had a delightful time.

Then after a Saturday that included a trip to the cemetery to see The Jerk (you guys, this movie HOLDS UP; it's fucking fantastic) and a detour to my favorite spot Tiki Ti's, I had a delightful 7-hour brunch (I am not exaggerating) with Noelia and two men named Jason (very different, but both wonderful) at Edendale (http://www.edendalegrill.com/). I had a scrumptious salmon crostini (2 poached eggs over lox and toast) and bottomless mimosas (seriously, I want to say I had 73 mimosas) and a marvelous time with my friends. Look how happy Jay is:


That is actually his happy face even though it just looks like he is making a contemplative smirk. I cannot explain what's happening with his sunglasses, that are actually Noelia's sunglasses. Did you not read the part where I said we had BOTTOMLESS mimosas? Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment