Friday, December 16, 2011

Tired Friday

Guys, I am EXHAUSTED from yet another awesome holiday party at Kat Scardino's (fake name!) house in Echo Park. But I still need music to get through the day! Don't we all?

1) "Lovesick Teenagers" by Bear in Heaven (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGS7vNLhxNA) I love this scary album cover and the heavy synth this indie Brooklyn band employs. I don't know what the words to this song are, but I feel a dark yearning, so I think I am getting the point.

2) "Stay Useless" by Cloud Nothings (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtkePLlTUcY) I am pretty much obsessed with this dude/band right now. This whole album is cool and reminds me of really good early 90's grunge music. This song is especially pleasing to my ears.

3) "Desire Lines" by Deerhunter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mBSOtdOjoc) I love this band more and more as time goes on. Their songs are very varied and usually pretty long, which makes for a cool, layered experience. I could seriously listen to this song all day. Yup, I think I will.

PS I am not gonna post any holiday music. I sort of hate holiday music. I makes me depressed. Like, you know that scene in While You Were Sleeping where Sandra Bullock is sad and alone and buys herself the Christmas tree and then like, has trouble lugging it up the stairs in her tiny walk-up and then puts a single ornament on it and stares out the frosty window and thinks about her dead dad and how she is in love with this dude she doesn't know who comes the the train stop where she works every morning? No? Well that's how holiday music makes me feel. Except "All I Want For Christmas" by Ms. Mariah Carey. That song is the jamsauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment