Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hi, It's Tuesday.

Can it be the weekend again? No? Okay fine, let's listen to music together while we sit at desks. Let's whistle while we work. Except I can only whistle by sucking in breath. Also, I cannot snap. So, that's some information about me.

1) "Another Girl Another Planet" by the Only Ones (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvO7HNQPFRI). I first heard this song play in the background during this movie Me Without You, which just like completely destroys me every time I watch it (which is a lot, because I illegally burned a DVD of it that I keep IN my DVD player at all times). If you are a guy, not to be sexist, but I don't think you will get this movie at all. It's about girl-besties and how that kind of relationship can be painful/competitive/fucked up. Anyway, the movie takes place in the 70's and 80's and I heard this song and "Whole Wide World" by Wreckless Eric and was like, YES. Yes to both.

2) "Believer" by John Maus (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMku-GbafEg&ob=av2e) So not to brag about how cool I am, but on Saturday night after seeing the Cave Singers at the Troubadour with Linds (they were REAL good and the singer-dude can DANCE) and AFTER rolling to my friends Jack and Julia's holiday party at their precious bungalow in Venice with Anna (we danced and screamed along to hits such as Oasis's classic "Don't Look Back in Anger"), I went to this super-secret, late-night danceparty in deepest, darkest Los Angeles and was introduced to this song. I mean, the DJ also played some amazing Motown and Harry Nilsson, but I'd never heard "Believer" before. After listening to some of Maus's other shiz, I'd say he's not REALLY my guy (Noey calls him "kind of like Ariel Pink's weird cousin." Agree), but this song is really beautiful and good for almost-dawn, trance-y dancing.

3) "Manners" by Icona Pop (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY-dKxGpBLg&ob=av2e) Emily sent me Hairpin's "best tracks of the year" list and this was one of them. I like any video with neon colors in it and any song that fantasizes taking the piss out of some idiot guy who dumps you, because in real life, I am maybe the most passive aggressive human wandering the streets of Silverlake.

PS SONG: "Good Feeling" by Flo Rida (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OnnDqH6Wj8). WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO THIS!!!????!!!! Seriously, I have choreographed a dance you can do to this jam while sitting in your cubicle at work. Mr. Rida has a strange power over me where when I hear one of his songs, I can't control my body and HAVE to dance. It's like The Red Shoes, you guys, I am telling you. It happened with "Right Round," then with "Club Can't Handle Me," and now there's this song. It's a sickness, you guys, I am SICK. Okay, I'm sorry, goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment