Monday, October 10, 2011

Hola Chavito

On Friday I ended up meeting some friends at Chavito, the bar that's connected to Mexican (duh) restaurant El Chavo on Sunset (http://www.elchavorestaurant.com/). This was sort of an accidental meeting, since I actually forgot Daniel had said he had moved from Harvard and Stone to Good Luck Bar and made him go outside to save me and Emily from the line at Harvard and Stone...even though he wasn't there. Anyway, this story may make no sense to you, but we ended up and Chavito and LISTEN, it's pretty cool there. It's super-divey and there's a cute little garden outside and the Margaritas are STRONG (on the rocks, salted; this drink is unacceptable any other way) and all of the boys there are bearded and possibly in need of a shower in a good way. Even though I was too shy to talk to the dirty forest men and spent the whole time talking to my very clean friends Gabe (Gabe! You're my best friend! Move here!) and Mori (Mori! I love you!), If you're looking for a chill little night I highly recommend this place. Also important, my delightful Westside friend Jonathan Ames made it out in all his bespectacled splendor, and it was a joy to see him (even though he was sitting too far away for my lazy self to talk to for most of the night).

Also, this GEM of an old-school jam came on the radio in my car last night and I want all twelve of you to experience it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbrTX6Frg3I

No comments:

Post a Comment