Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday Footloose

I just made that the post-title because Footloose comes out and I am totally amped to see it. I know it's often a crime against humanity to try and remake classic films (like The Thing...I KNOW it's a prequel but you HAVE to be kidding me if you think you can make something more perfect than the original...), but let's be honest this is mother-effing FOOTLOOSE, not The Conformist. It's dancing, it's FINE.

Anyway, I only wanted to share some songs today, not pontificate on the downfall of modern cinema. Enjoy:

1) "Don't Move" by Phantogram (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2RlV6cteiA). Ugh, fine, I found this on Pitchfork. But I am in a dance-y place (see above re: Footloose) and this song includes my lover, the horn, so it goes on the list.

2) "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH3giaIzONA&ob=av2e). WHAT DID I JUST SAY?! This song doesn't get old to me.Whit is being like, pretty pathetic here, whining about how as soon as it gets dark she gets super lonely and just really wants to "dance" and feel the heat with somebody who loves her, but let's be honest, we all relate. I especially love when she gets all manic, singing "don'tyouwannadancesayyouwannadancedon'tyouwannadance?!" Yes Whit, I do.

3) "Dance All Night" by Ryan Adams (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwEBKVFLtS4). Yeah, we've got ourselves a theme now. Ryan Adams just released a new album and it's pretty solid, but rather than just post "Lucky Now," or some new bullshit, I am taking you back to my college years when my Ryan obsession was at it's peak. This song conjures up stumble-dancing by yourself at last call with the lights on and a half-empty bottle of Jack in your hand...in a good way.

4) "Dance Little Sister" by The Rolling Stones (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9mj7ZwIKnI). This song makes me want to do that cool, 80's, toe-tappy dance where you exaggeratedly snap your fingers and maybe wear your blazer with the collar up, know what I mean? No? Well it doesn't matter anywah because confession: I can't snap.

5) "Night by Night" by Chromeo (hthttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XCcWlgVqHA&ob=av2n). This is one of my all-time favorite videos and the song may not have the word "dance" in the title, but "Night by Night" is ALL ABOUT dancing. And sexiness with sexy Chromeo. And this video is my fantasy: dancing all night in an awesome outfit with Chromeo at a mysterious NYC warehouse. Here's hoping my Friday goes in this direction...

No comments:

Post a Comment