Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Strange Taco

Heyo Lil' Strangers-

So this new gourmet taco place opened up across the street from me and MY NEW NEIGHBOR NOEY WHO MOVED IN NEXT DOOR IT IS SO GLORIOUS, called Diablo: Urban Taco Fabricator (http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/5/1695131/restaurant/Silver-Lake/Diablo-Taco-LA). Okay so two things: 1) who needs another overpriced, "fancy" taco place in LA when the El Flamin' Taco truck at Alvarado and Sunset is so damn good and cheap and 2) what in the shit does "Urban Taco Fabricator" mean? COME ON. However, this place was the JAM you guys, and I am determined to make it my neighborhood Cheers. You walk into this lovely, exposed brick room and stand in line to order your food and first drink. The staff gives you a number and you find a seat in the spacious room in the back that also includes a bar so it's convenient to get your next drink. All the menu items are written on a chalkboard, but they have paper menus as well. This is what I did:


At the back is an octopus salad with purple potatoes (so yum if you like the weird octo-texture, which I do), the taco to the left is Maine lobster hunks with some kind of creamy zest and the taco on the right is hen of the woods mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and again, some kind of creamy/spicy sauce (I LOVE a sauce). The drink is their special "Michelada" and it is INSANE. It's a beer of your choice (I think I went with a "Buddha's Belly") with this kind of bloody Mary ice pop in it. It's DELICIOUS, either on its own or inside the beer. Anyway, although these tacos are pricier than at the truck, the vibe and the tastiness are well worth the price-bump. I'll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment