Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Strange Beautiful Music Man

So Saturday I was feeling a little blue and so a nice, handsome gentleman caller made me a root beer float:


Like he seriously bought ice cream sandwiches and root beer from a gas station and made this. He is Tom Colicchio meets Tony Bourdain. I said Tony; what?

Anyway, then it was time for the JACK WHITE concert with Noey. Seriously. I was finally getting to see my idol/IDEAL live (note: I saw Jack White at Coachella with the Dead Weather two years ago and it was ELECTRIC, but I had to divide my attention between him and Alison Mosshart and that was HARD). Jack played at the Shrine Auditiorium (http://www.shrineauditorium.com/), which is the big place downtown by USC. It's really pretty in there:


Yeah, so, we were in the balcony. While Jack was kind of tiny, the show was everything I had hoped for. With an all-female band of INCREDIBLE musicians (the drummer was so ferocious she smashed her cymbals onto the floor twice, but somehow never stopped playing perfectly), Jack was loud and energetic and fully committed to the show and you could tell that's how he always is for every gig. It was a real treat because he played a lot of White Stripes songs and some Raconteurs stuff as well. I thought I was going to pass out during "My Doorbell." Anyway, the show was well-worth the cost and I am still in a state of ecstasy from it. SIGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment