Tuesday, May 1, 2012

These Weird Songs Are Making Happy Now

Lil Strangers! I am not gonna be good at my blog this week because I have a new job (woop woop!) and therefore need to pay attention to it, at least until I OWN it and then I will be all like, whatever, this is SO EASY. Anyhooter, I am jamming to some weird tunes today, possibly as a result of this transitional phase in my life.

1) "I Want to Come Over" by Melissa Etheridge (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckt0TuK0qv0&ob=av2n) So look, this is admittedly weird of me. I actually super-love this song. Also funny, Gwyneth Paltrow stars in the video, which is a literal representation of the lyrics about some chick who is obsessed with someone in a relationship. But like, I love it. It's pure, unabashed, pathetic stalking. It's something that I myself and most people I know would never actually DO, but kind of think about, so it becomes this sort of stalking FANTASY, which is totally sick and I adore that. Anyway, don't be scared of me.

2) "King of Wishful Thinking" by Go West (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry4iwzS4Na0) My precious friend Jon had people over on Sunday and we decided to put this song on, causing the entire party to scream out every word in a state of ecstatic joy. Try not to do that when you listen to it now, I dare you.

3) "Propagation" by Lower Dens (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GafB7NQvQWg) Okay, I had to put a cool song on here. Lower Dens' new album Nootropics is weird and dark and I like that so I like it. Get with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment