Monday, April 2, 2012

Strange At An Awards Show

Hey Lil' Strangers. Oh, so Friday night I went to Franklin Village, which is an adorable little stretch of STUFF between Hollywood and Loz Feliz. I had dinner with my ladies Deanna and Noelia at Franklin &Company (http://franklinandcotavern.com/). Let me tell you, it was a SCENE. Because there is like ONE street with bars and restaurants on it in Franklin Village, people are literally spilling into the streets. Like, I definitely shoved Adrian Grenier out of my way (guys, remember Drive Me Crazy?!). Anyway, Franklin & Company is just FINE. It was super crowded, waiters kept bumping into the back of my chair and while my steak salad was pretty nice, Noey and Dee both got a Brussels sprout and bacon salad, short on the sprout and short on the bacon. So whatever. Then after running into several of my friends on the street, which made me feel very cool, we went to the Upright Citizens' Brigade (http://losangeles.ucbtheatre.com/), the main attraction in the neighborhood. UCB is basically the best comedy in LA (sorry...other places) ans I say that as I almost never go to comedy shows and one time Louis CK did a surprise set at UCB, confirming to me that he is my dream man. Anyway, we saw this really amazing musical improv show. Like, it sounds like my worst nightmare, but the performers were just hella talented and had me peeing in my pants...so naturally I had to go home afterwards.

So Saturday after an amazing Grub brunch with Anna (http://www.grub-la.com/), I went to the Kids' Choice Awards with Kyle (yes, I know, I am a baller). It was...whoa. First of all, I am so fucking old I didn't know who anyone was. Like, One Direction performed? The row of teenage girls in front of me confirmed that One Direction is, in fact, a very big deal (I was worried the girls would fly over the railing into the arena; shit, I sound like a grandma again). Also, there was so much slime. See those orange balloons?


FULL OF SLIME. Oh and Katy Perry dangled in front of me for five full minutes:



Cute. Anyway, it was a fun time. Then Kyle and I went to Blue Cow Kitchen (http://bluecowkitchen.com/) for dinner and it was so amazing, I made myself sick. We got Merguez sausage spiced with harissa, curried cauliflower and broccoli in a "smoking" paper bag, beet salad with pesto and buffalo mozzarella mousse, and root veggie chips with an assortment of dips. Then for dessert we had a sundae made with caramel popcorn and caramel sauce and then the God Damn WONDERFUL chef gave us a buttermilk bread pudding with creme fraiche and strawberries that he was trying out. Duh, it was delicious. Then we swing by my friend Andrew's birthday at Villains  (http://www.villainstavern.com/Home/VT.html), which is kind of a cool/weird lounge with live music that's in a circus tent downtown. It's a very cool-looking bar, but a little scene-y and ridiculous for my tastes. Also, since I haven't been eating dairy or gluten, my body decided to turn on me Saturday night and break out in a very sensual rash of hives, so I had to take my sexy ass home early. BTDubs, all this Saturday night stuff was downtown.

So needless to say, yesterday was a detox day: res walk with Linds, laundry, weird TV, etc. Later lil' guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment