Tuesday, April 3, 2012

On Repeat...

I am alternating between two songs today and I am having so much fun with them, I felt the need to share them with all 22 of you. Yeah, there are 22 of you now; I am basically trending globally. Also I had this Vitamin Water Zero this morning, the "drive" flavor, and it has natural caffeine in it and I never have caffeine and I feel TREMENDOUS. Anyway...

1) "Head On" by The Jesus and Mary Chain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGp47YwDZ48&ob=av2e) Wait, Strangers, HOW THE HELL did I not really know about this band?! Like, I obviously loved "Just Like Honey" off the Laurel Canyon soundtrack (this movie will make you like LA, seriously), but they've got so much other good stuff! This song came on in my car this morning and I thought it was The Big Pink until I discovered that really, The Big Pink just took a lot of inspiration from these dudes. Love it.

2) "Give Your Heart a Break" by Demi Lovato (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlUk1eRVfu8) Umm, okay, so, sometimes I just need a super cheesy jam in my life. This happened with Jojo's classic "Too Little Too Late" Summer of 2006, Robyn's "Dancing on my Own" Summer 2010, and as of late I've been no-pants dancing in my apartment to Carly Rae Jepson's "Call Me Maybe," which you should know is awesome just by the title. This song is NOT as good as those previously mentioned, but it's making me happy right now, and though I'll probably forget about it tomorrow, I am attempting to live in the moment. Go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment