Monday, September 10, 2012

Strange Spice

Hey Lil' Ones! Last week I went with my lovely friend Leah Newman to Spice Table downtown, right at the edge of Little Tokyo (http://www.thespicetable.com/). It is LOVELY inside: low-lighting coming from birdcage fixtures, whitewashed exposed brick, and well-spaced wooden tables. I didn't even take a picture because it was so classy. Attracting a slightly older crowd than I expected, Spice Table wasn't loud or wild. The food was...INSANELY good. Okay, so I am going to tell you what us two women ordered, but just don't judge me too harshly, okay (it did not help that this place is reasonable priced and therefore allowed us to GO FOR IT)? SMALL PLATES, STRANGERS, SMALL PLATES.

So we got: Kaya toast, which is basically a toasted coconut jam sandwich that you dip into gooey egg and soy sauce (AWESOME), crab toast where the dipping sauce is this almost-curry with hunks of soft cooked crab, an oyster omelet (my least favorite, but still interesting), pigtail that you cut up yourself and sandwich in mixed greens then dip in a sort of vinaigrette, and BONE MARROW with a delicious relish that you scoop up with more fresh bread OKAY I AM A FOOD MONSTER DON'T HATE ME BYE!

PS There was also creamed kale. That also happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment