Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday Shoo-Bee-Doo!

I don't know, Lil' Strangers, I am just feeling silly today. Want to listen to music together? You do? Okay, thanks love you.

1) "Wildest Moments" by Jessie Ware (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnOBjARwNi0) K, so, I stole this one off of Pitchfork. SUE ME! I don't really agree with their "best new music" that often (seriously, GET OVER Frank Ocean you guys), but I like that occasionally, they just appreciate a pretty, melodic pop song. That is basically what this song is: a summertime make-out. A delightful dalliance. You will most likely not remember this song in two weeks, but it was real fun when you were into it. See what I did there?

2) "Best Night" by The War on Drugs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpuxG9OZXpE) When I first heard this band, I was all like "whatever, weaker member of Kurt Vile's Violators," but then I saw this band open for Sharon Van Etten and was REALLY impressed. These guys are legit musicians, who sound much harder and Springsteen-esque live. Which I like.

3) "Daphne Descends" by The Smashing Pumpkins (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTLrpnfDlzM) I can only find a live version of this song online, annoying. I like this song selfishly and those of you who know me will know why. I used to be HEAVY into the Pumpkins though. Like they ate up my middle school experience. I remember there was this guy who was in the eighth grade when I was in the seventh, Chuck something, and there was a contest to write a new school birthday song, because apparently we were above "Happy Birthday to you," and he changed like ONE lyric to the Pumpkins classic "Today," and the teachers like, shat themselves and he totally won. I had a crush on him. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment