Monday, February 11, 2013

2 New Jams From 2 Old Buddies

Guys, I haven't looked at Pitchfork in a while. Mostly because I've just been busy, but a little bit because the site went through a phase where they ONLY posted about ambient electronica and it bored me to tears. But today, Pitchfork really satisfied me, by offering two tracks by two of my favorite artists in the last two years (it should be Tuesday!...get it? no?): Kurt Vile and Youth Lagoon:

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/best/tracks/

Both "Wakin on a Pretty Day," by Vile and Youth Lagoon's "Mute" are long, dreamy (ambient but not vacantly electronic!) melodies.  Trevor Powers' Youth Lagoon employs more synth than Vile does with his 70's rock-swagger, but both guys pack amazing emotional heft into seemingly light tunes, which I love.

If neither of these songs put you in a MOOD today, well then maybe we should no longer interact. Okay, I am kidding. I desperately need all 25 of you.

1 comment:

  1. When it comes to Mediterranean Restaurant NYC, 19 Cleveland shines as a beacon of Israeli cuisine excellence. What truly sets it apart is its unwavering dedication to presenting an authentic taste of Israel in every dish. The menu, thoughtfully curated to capture the essence of this rich culinary tradition, invites diners to embark on a gastronomic journey like no other. Each bite tells a story of tradition, innovation, and a deep love for the flavors of Israel.

    ReplyDelete