Monday, October 29, 2012

Strange Wilderness

Oh Lil' Strangers, I'm stuck in New York in this damn Sandy storm, so I am blogging. Anyway, I forgot to tell you that two weeks ago I went on a pretty great road trip with the GC. We decided to drive up through Utah to Jackson Hole in Wyoming. WITH HIS DOG. Oh, how I love that dog:


I mean, CAN YOU DEAL WITH THAT TONGUE?! Anyway, first we drove to St. George, Utah to hike the Narrows, a stunning walk through the water in Zion Canyon. Like, behold:


Yup. And:


Yeah. Also:


I mean, I could go on. It was stunning...though I might've peed in my water-sealing pants...sensual. Next, we took a glorious, scenic drive up to Park City, Utah:


Doggie-dog loved it:


So Park City is really adorable. We had an AMAZING charcuterie-stuffed dinner at High West, this awesome restaurant/distillery in town:


That French onion soup was the best I've ever had. High West also makes a DELICIOUS whiskey, I highly recommend you go. Then we went to the St. Regis and they put you in this contraption called a "funicular" that is a sort of tram/chairlift that takes you to the top of the mountain where the hotel has a gorgeous bar/restaurant where you can watch the sunset by the fire:


Yes! Next came another beautiful drive through what are known as "the Alps of America" to Jackson:


USA! Of course, as soon as it became my turn to drive, I almost immediately ran into a herd of sheep crossing the road. The dog wanted to eat them:


So Jackson, while not as cute as Park City, was kind of epic a gorgeous. The first day we hiked around Jenny Lake in the Tetons. Teton National Park is SICK. Like sick AMAZING:


The lake is a mirror! Then we strolled by Hidden Falls:


The water levels were really low in Wyoming while we were there so the falls were pretty...hidden. But after the falls you hike up to this spot called Inspiration Point that's REALLY pretty:


GC said it kind of looked like the road to Narnia/Middle Earth and I have to agree.


He made it! Okay, so we did way more stuff than that, but those are the highlights. I really didn't see a lot of the country growing up overseas and it was pretty wonderful just to get out on the open road with a handsome gentleman and an adorable pooch and nothing to lose. Okay, I just got way too cheesy but I mean...


'Nuf said.

No comments:

Post a Comment