Sunday, October 28, 2012

Strange Rabbits

YOU GUYS. It finally happened. I met Frightened Rabbit. The band. It happened. Through a miracle of fate I met the band's lovely manager Storme at a party a few months ago. She's actually just a cool lady I made friends with and then BOOM she tells me she represents one my my most favorite acts! Anyway, she totally hooked me and Gentleman Caller up with VIP tickets to see them at the Troubadour (THAT'S RIGHT. MY FAVORITE VENUE), and so we went and it was Heaven.

Here is proof that we went (as IF you couldn't trust me):


I know. That's a cute top for him. We got to sit in the VIP deck basically ON TOP OF the stage:


See? I wasn't kidding. The band was wonderful live, as per usual. The drummer was ferocious as always and Scott Hutchison always brings real emotion to every song, even the old ones, as if he'd just written the lyrics the night before. Live, their Scot-rock is fuller, louder and and even more satisfying. I almost cried when they played "The Twist." AND THEN...I GOT TO MEET SCOTT. Gentleman Caller said I giggled like a school girl, but I think I held it together...generally. He was very nice. Anyway, this night knocked my socks off.

1 comment: